Sunday, September 16, 2012

Shenanigans at the gay bar

We took separate cars to the gay bar. Clay and Ronnie went in Clay's Escalade. I went with Woody and Bear in Bear's... Dodge Caravan.

Photobucket

Oh, yeah. I forgot about Bear. Bear is a large Irish guy who drives a crappy minivan. He's not nearly as large as the man in the photo above, but I love that photo and may never have another opportunity to use it in a post, so... Anyway, Bear is hilarious. He dressed up as a leprachuan for Halloween last year. It's the second most hilarious Halloween photo I've ever seen. The most hilarious Halloween photo I've ever seen was of someone dressed as Captain Janeway from Startrek Voyager. I wish I could post both of those photos, but I don't have copies of either. I was merely shown them by Woody.

Photobucket

"Ronnie, I have a confession to make. I showed Joshua a photo of you."
"Of course you did. Why? Why would you show him that?"

Ronnie was incredibly embarrassed that I had seen his Captain Janeway Halloween costume. Woody had shown it to me a week before and then again after I met Ronnie for the first time. I didn't even make the connection until the second time. He had to shave his beard and everything, but he pulled it off perfectly. He was a dead match for Captain Janeway. It was eery. It was also the best drag attempt I've ever seen. Then Woody made an observation of his own.

"I think Ronnie thinks you're hot. Otherwise, he would have been proud of that photo. He must like you or he wouldn't have been so embarrassed that I showed you that photo."

That was incredibly good news because I had developed a serious man crush on Ronnie since the first time I saw him in person. I wanted to pursue that possibility a little further but I was interrupted by the sudden appearance of bright yellow Jockey briefs thrown dramatically onto the table we were gathered around by some queen who had strutted over from the outdoor bar and exclaimed "I think one of you lost these!"

Photobucket

We hadn't been in the place ten minutes and there was already a pair of underwear on the table. Also partially shown in the photo are Gay Tony and Straight Johnny who we met up with at the gay bar - more friends of Woody from his work. Not shown in the photo because he wasn't present that night would be Straight Ryan, also a friend of Woody from work who apparently was the owner of the underwear in question which he had lost them somehow during a previous visit. Anyway, Ronnie slipped away during the whole fiasco and I didn't see him for the rest of the night. I had lost interest in him way before the end of the night anyway. He was cute, but that was about it. He might have simply been overly embarrassed by the fact that I had seen him in drag from last Halloween, but he was also trying to pick up other guys. That's fine, but my interest ends at that juncture. Besides, I was completely distracted by Akron Leatherman 2012 (his title was conveniently bedazzled on the back of his leather vest) who was in attendance and had decided to pull on the pair of bright yellow Jockeys over his leather get-up and proceeded to dance the night away looking like a more obviously homosexual leather fetish Robin. Meanwhile, I actually ended up spending most of the evening bantering back and forth with his roommate Clay. Clay is a total smart ass which occasionally boarders on assholedom, but... I can be like that, too. We definitely proved to be worthy opponents for each other.

There's just something about a bad boy that is difficult to ignore or resist. Or maybe that's just me. Maybe I can't. The same way I'm drawn into ridiculous shenanigans.

Shenanigans

Photo credit to GitEmSteveDave. Awesome gif. Props.

No comments: